- 11/22/19 New Amazon Exclusive Promotion- 2 Years additoinal warranty included - Total 3 Years Parts & Labor, 4th year parts and 5th year structual warranty. 04/11/19 - Arm Airbag has new design, 6...
Have you ever thought of buying a massage chair, only to be confounded about which one to go with?
Believe me when I say that this is what most of us feel when we go to buy a Shiatsu massage chair for the first time. With so many different features and facets to keep in mind, the task can seem to be herculean.
But don’t worry as I’m here to resolve all your queries about buying that perfect shiatsu massage chair. Once you’re done reading through our comprehensive guide on how to buy that perfect shiatsu massage chair, you’ll become an expert at choosing the right one.
Best Shiatsu Massage Chair Jul 2021
What’s The Fuss About Shiatsu?
Why shiatsu, you may ask? I mean, there are lots of other massage techniques out there to choose from such as Swedish, Hot Stone, and Sports, so why do massage experts and novices alike seem to root for the shiatsu variety recently?
That’s what I wondered the first time I heard of Shiatsu too. To make sure that you are thoroughly informed going in, it’s best at this point to take a look at what shiatsu actually is.
Born in ancient Japan, shiatsu is a massage therapy that aims to provide holistic body care. The term “shiatsu” means finger-pressure, and the technique involves the rhythmic application of the same at specific pressure points on the entire body.
Today, however, shiatsu is not restricted to the Oriental sphere and has spread its roots across the entire world, and modern technology has been quick to adopt this into massage chairs. To tell you the truth, I, for one, am already a fan of this technique.
A shiatsu massage chair not only provides relief from pain and stress, but it also gives you the benefits of a healthier body with prolonged use. I can tell you from personal experience that this massage technique has actually been a godsend for me. As an interior designer, I have to remain chair-bound for the whole day at work. And it’s only the promise of a relaxing shiatsu massage that keeps me going till the end of the day.
So now that you know why Shiatsu is considered such a big deal worldwide, let’s take a look at some of the factors which you should keep in mind while making the purchase.
Range Of Massaging Motions
I guess you don’t need me to tell you that shiatsu massage chairs don’t come cheap. Although they are available in a wide range of prices, the features and benefits you get will vary accordingly.
So before taking the leap and making the payment, take time to sit in the chair and try it out. Aim for at least a 15-20 minute session to get a feel of the entire range of motions the chair can go through. Ideally, your chair should have rolling, kneading, compression, and percussion techniques. These are the hallmarks of shiatsu and must be present in any standard shiatsu massage chair.
Also, check whether your chair can mimic the motions of an actual masseur. Shiatsu massage chairs usually come with rollers that imitate human finger movements. You should test these out to understand whether they can deliver the required level of comfort.
Foot Rest And Massager
Once you’ve got a good idea of the primary massage features, it’s time to take a look at the other requirements your chair should fulfill. Remember we mentioned that shiatsu is a full body massage? A shiatsu massage chair should not only take care of your upper body section but also pay equal attention to the lower limbs.
To make sure this is the case, look for a massage chair that comes with a raised footrest. Chairs without a footrest tend to become uncomfortable after a prolonged massage session, so a footrest or a raised ottoman is a necessity. Also, check if the chair has built-in foot and calf massagers, as these can help to take the stress out of your legs.
Full Reclining Capacity
If you ask me, one of the best things about a Shiatsu massage chair is being able to lie back and relax fully. So, you need to be certain that the chair of your choice has full reclining features. Often, low-end chairs don’t come with this facility; so if the price is too modest, test for this first. Also, you should exercise caution in checking that the reclining joint is sturdy, as weak hinges can lead to accidents.
The next important thing that needs to be kept in mind when buying a shiatsu massage chair is the warranty. A massage chair is not merely a piece of furniture but is intended to be an experience, one that you would certainly like to last a long time. So going for a massage chair that has the longest warranty makes sense.
An extended warranty period demonstrates that the company has faith in its product. Also, check whether the company provides at-home service; otherwise, you might have to lug the chair to the service center. And believe me when I tell you that these chairs are not the lightest things to move.
The final point that you should keep in mind while making the purchase is to go with a reputed brand, for example, INADA. Sticking to a well-known brand ensures that you end up with a standard product that guarantees quality service.
Buying that perfect massage chair is no mean feat. But if you stick to the above guidelines, you can be sure to end up with a stellar product that suits your needs exactly.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for massage chairs before you proceed with your purchase.
You should also check out our reviews of other models:
- Best HoMedics Massager Jul 2021
- Best Infinity Massage Chair Jul 2021
- Best Osaki Massage Chairs Jul 2021
- BestMassage Zero Gravity Massage Chair Reviews Jul 2021
- Cozzia Massage Chair Reviews Jul 2021
- Daiwa Massage Chair Reviews Jul 2021
- eSmart Zero Gravity Massage Chair Reviews Jul 2021
- Fuji Massage Chair Reviews Jul 2021
- Galaxy EC-555 Longer S-Track Full Body Massage Chair Review Jul 2021
- Human Touch Chair Reviews Jul 2021
- INADA Sogno Massage Chair Review Jul 2021
- Kahuna LM6800 Review Jul 2021
- MB Series Massage Chair Reviews Jul 2021
- Ogawa Active L Massage Chair Review Jul 2021
- Ootori Massage Chair Recliner Reviews Jul 2021
- Positive Posture Brio Massage Chair Review Jul 2021
- Real Relax Massage Chair Favor 03 Review Jul 2021
- Revitive Foot Massager Reviews Jul 2021
- Sharper Image Foldable Massage Chair Review Jul 2021
- Slabway Shiatsu Massage Chair Reviews Jul 2021
- SNAILAX Memory Foam Massage Mat Review Jul 2021
- Spa Dynamix Vitala Massage Chair Review Jul 2021
- Synca Wellness CirC SL Track Heated Massage Chair Review Jul 2021
- Theragun G3PRO Review Jul 2021
- Titan Apex AP Zero Gravity Massage Chair Review Jul 2021
- truMedic Massage Chair Review Jul 2021
- Zero Gravity Massage Chair Reviews Jul 2021