From "The Overworked Mom's Stress Free HomeKeeping" by Laura Dellutri
- 1 tsp. butter or margarine (I Canít Believe Itís Not Butter)
- 1 c. celery, diced
- 1-2 lbs. beef (roast, round steak, beef tips, or other cut)
- 2 10.75-oz. cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1.5-oz packages any brand dry beef stroganoff mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 c. sour cream (optional)
- 1 8-oz. package fresh mushrooms, sliced, or 2 3.5-oz. cans mushrooms (optional)
- 1 lb. egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
Combine butter and celery and microwave until tender (about 5 minutes). Reserve.
Sear beef on high heat in frying pan. Remove from heat and place in bottom of crock-pot. Stir together mushroom soup, mix, reserved celery, soup, sour cream and mushrooms and add to pot. Cook 4 to 6 hours on medium heat, or until meat is tender. Serve over cooked noodles.
If you have only 10 minutes to cook dinner you can assemble it in 5 minutes and throw it in a Crockpot slow cooker! -LD
NOTE: This recipe serves 6-8 and can be prepared in crock-pots that hold anywhere from 3-l/2 to 5 quarts. Cooking time may vary according to your preferences regarding the texture of the food.